Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November Goals Re-cap


four random broccoli (cauliflower?) plants that somehow survived the scorching summer and crappy soil- I found them when I cleaned out the garden and prepped it for winter.

Since I wrote down some new goals, I thought I should track my progress at the end of each month. So here's how I did in the month of November:
(October's progress report can be found here)
(September's progress report can be found here)
(August's progress report can be found here)
(July's progress report can be found here)
(June's progress report can be found here)

A few goals under Health:
1. keep strengthening my knee and start running for longer periods of time/distance
I'm running regularly and increasing my mileage. The next thing to do is be more diligent with my strength training.
2. train for and run at least 4 races by the end of 2012 (at least one half marathon)
I ran the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, giving me 5 races for the year, the first of which was a half marathon.
3. be more careful with my eating and lose some weight
We started following the GAPS diet at the beginning of November. We're feeling good and hopefully making progress with the health of our intestines. I lost the weight I gained last month plus some, and am now down 20 pounds from where I was in August. Yay!

A few goals under House:
1. finish painting all the rooms
I worked on the guest bedroom and master bath, but didn't finish them. I did finish the trim and doors in the entry way and living room. I also finally hung some art on the walls- pics to come.
2. do the family room ceiling
Paneling is up, spackled, sanded, primed, and painted. The crown is repainted and reinstalled, so I'm calling it good.
3. finish building built-in shelves in the library
I got the books sorted and organized and placed on the shelves, only to realize I underestimated how many shelves I'd need. I've made some more, but still need to paint them.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. stick to the schedule I've worked out, as much as possible
We're still doing pretty good. I'm really liking the 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule that we've been doing- no time for boredom or burnout.
2. be more consistent with violin practicing
Since we started school we're doing better because it's in our school schedule. In thinking about this particular goal, I think I meant more consistency from LMS and myself. We've been really good about making sure LMS is practicing, but I still haven't been, so now I need to be more consistent with MY practicing. Like a lot of other things, though, it won't happen till after Christmas.

A few goals under Habits:
1. practice the piano more frequently
Still haven't had time. Realistically, with the schedule I've imposed on myself, I won't have time until after Christmas. I'm ok with that.
2. index several batches every week for FamilySearch
I only indexed once or twice this month- I need to be a bit more diligent with this.
3. have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
I wasn't loving my topic journal that focused on people in the Book of Mormon, so I tweaked it so it would be more of a summary. I will probably end up buying a topical study guide (I've found one that I think will work out) and using that before attempting something on my own again. This is not a strongpoint for me, so I'm willing to take any help I can get.

How did you do with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment